Do you plan to move in the new year? Perhaps you are in search of better job opportunities or a more interesting place to call home. Whether you are moving for work or to build a new and exciting life in a great new city, here is a list of the top 16 US cities to move to in 2016.
1. Bellevue, Washington. If you are an outdoorsy type, then Bellevue is for you. A mid-sized Seattle suburb, Bellevue is conveniently near the city but still close to nature. Surrounded by lakes and mountains, Bellevue is a great option for the nature-loving city type.
2. Madison, Wisconsin. With a great school system, a strong economy, and an award-winning healthcare system, Madison is a great option for families, young couples, or retirees.
3. Santa Barbara, California. With beautiful beaches and breathtaking mountain views, Santa Barbara is one of California’s most desirable cities.
5. Palo Alto, California. With a great school system and socially aware residents, Palo Alto is another great California destination.
6. Ann Arbor, Michigan. Education is one of Ann Arbor’s biggest draws. The University of Michigan makes Ann Arbor one of the best college towns in the country.
7. Iowa City, Iowa. Great schools and a highly-ranked healthcare system make Iowa City a great place to call home. The University of Iowa is located here, making it a culturally attractive college town.
8. San Mateo, California. Its diversity and tech-forward population coupled with a rich history and a variety of local attractions make San Mateo a great place to call home.
9. For Collins, Colorado. With a great local micro-beer industry and plenty of outdoor activities, Fort Collins is an excellent option for young professionals.
10. Overland Park, Kansas. This town features great schools, a variety of recreational facilities, a stable economy, and multiple entertainment options.
11. Fargo, North Dakota. One of the best options for new college grads, Fargo is an excellent option for job seekers.
12. Rockville, Maryland. A cute town with lots of character, Rockville has excellent schools and a thriving economy.
13. Ashland, Oregon. A small town with big charm, Ashland is full of green spaces and beautifully restored historic buildings.
14. Santa Cruz, California. A hotspot for surfers, Santa Cruz is known for its beautiful redwood forests and laid-back lifestyle.
15. Olympia, Washington. A variety of educational institutions and beautiful natural surroundings make Olympia an excellent place to call home.
16. Charlottesville, Virginia. With affordable housing and an active cultural scene, Charlottesville is great for young professionals and growing families.