Packing is a big part of making any move, but for a cross country move, your packing skills are even more important. We want to break down a few packing tips to ensure a successful and pleasant experience moving, and some of our most recommended packing tips are:
- Use the box you need – Packing too big objects in too small boxes, or lightly packing boxes that are too large, are both things you want to avoid while packing for a cross country move. Instead, pack for the size you need, and ensure that your belongings are being optimally protected during the big move.
- Don’t allow extra space – Even in perfectly sized boxes, you may still have a little space in the box due to irregular shapes or sizes, and this space should be filled with soft materials to stop belongings from using this excess space to move around. Using small towels, T-shirts, or newspaper to fill these gaps will keep your property right where it should be!
- Label by room – You’ll really thank yourself when you get to your new home when you label each box by room. Your cross country movers will be able to place each box right where it’s needed, and your unpacking process will be streamlined and convenient.
- Don’t shy away from bundling – Sets of dishes, candle holders, or other fragile items that form groups should be bundled while packing, and there is right way to approach this bundling to best protect your things. For dishes, for instance, wrapping each individual dish, then wrapping all of the wrapped dishes together can ensure each piece’s safety and the safety of the set as a whole!
- Tape well – Even if your boxes are pre-taped on the bottom, add an extra layer, and ensure all of your boxes are taped well on the top and bottom. The bottom of the box will experience the most stress, so three or four layers of tape on the bottom is never a bad idea, and double taping the top of each box can ensure they stay securely closed during the course of the move.
Packing for a cross country move the right way can ensure the least amount of stress is felt, and packing the right way can always use a few new tips and tricks! For more tips on packing for your big cross country move, contact us at FindCrossCountryMovers.com today!