Moving across the country can seem like a daunting experience, but a few moving tips can actually make the entire experience much simpler and less intimidating. Using cross country movers can give you a great advantage when moving long distances, but this isn’t the only thing to do to help you out in your big adventure! A few moving tips to make your cross country move much simpler are:
- Grab a clear plastic bin and an overnight bag – While you’re on the road, if you’re driving to your new home, or during that first night in your new place, you’ll want to keep your essentials handy. Keeping your toiletries, a couple outfits, and the things you’ll need right away in a clear plastic bin and an overnight bag can ensure you don’t feel the stress while you’re on the road or when you first get to your new home.
- Pad with your socks – If you need to pad any fragile objects quickly and easily, such as glasses or mugs you’re packing up last minute, use socks to keep them protected, A few clean socks not only keep your breakables from breaking, but they give you a green way to save your stuff!
- Clean it up – If you plan to fly to your new place and meet your cross country movers later, take advantage of the opportunity of an empty home by quick cleaning the kitchen and bathroom first. You’ll be able to use the rooms right away, and you won’t have to worry about your boxes or belongings getting in the way.
- Use vacuum seal bags – For packing up clothing, sheets, curtains, and other fabric items, using vacuum seal bags can help you to save space and save boxes during your move. Using different vacuum seal bags for each category of item can even make unpacking even more of a breeze!
- Number you boxes and make a list – Number each of your boxes, and create a list that shows what each number contains. When you’re unpacking, using your list, you can easily determine if all of your boxes are present, and if they’re not, which ones may be missing! Grouping your box numbers by room can even make it simpler to ensure each box of belongings is going to the right place.