Technology is a great thing, especially when it comes to keeping your organized. There’s a lot of planning that goes into long distance moves, so it is crucial you stay organized. A great tool for staying organized during your move is a phone app. There are a good variety of both paid and free apps for all platforms available that can help make your move go smoothly. Here are our top 5:
- Moving Planner (Android, $0.99): Moving Planner has over 210 different moving checklists and the option to make your own. The app syncs you with other members of your household so that you can delegate tasks and know what is finished. It also lets you keep an inventory list of the items you’ve packed in each box.
- Move Planner (iPhone, $1.99): Move Planner has 100 pre-populated to-do lists and a feature that allows you to make your own. You can also build a timeline and assign specific tasks to other members of your household.
- Sortly (iPhone, free): Sortly lets you make detailed inventory including photos of what is packed inside each box. Once a box is packed it will let you print out labels with a QR reader tag you can scan with the app and it will tell you what is inside.
- Move Tools (iPhone, Android, free): Move Tools creates a timeline for you with 34 different task lists. Each list is complete with packing tips for your different possessions. There is also a complex inventory system that allows you to keep track of what you’ve packed so far and print labels so you can easily track all your items.
- Moving Guru (iPhone, Android, free): Moving Guru is the simplest app of the 5 to use. It contains a basic day to day checklist on a moving timeline. It also has a large glossary of terms so that you can become a moving expert.
These apps have a range of features that can help anyone stay organized during their move. They are inexpensive and can really help you during this stressful process, so consider downloading one before your next move.
Write a Comment